Free Family Tree Search Tools – Recommended Websites and Apps to Help You Find Your Ancestors
A free family tree search is something that many people do when trying to make their own free ancestry chart with a family tree template.
It will be an interesting project for you to do alone or with the help of your children.
Turning Family Stories and Histories Into Real Life
As a kid, no doubt your parents spend hours telling you a whole bunch of fascinating stories about their parents, grandparents, and their ancestors.
You may find that your family history is a fascinating place, and you can learn a lot about your heritage by listening to many of the stories that your family tells.
You can learn about how life was in the days long gone, as well as what kind of people your ancestors were, when you hear about the adventures they shared. However, how can you know that these stories are actually true?
The truth is that it may be hard for you to verify the information that your parents tell you as fact, as the stories are from times long past. Did you know that you can spend time looking into the lives of these people that your parents tell you about, and you can find out all kinds of interesting things about them?
You will be able to corroborate the stories that your parents tell you with real facts that come from history, and you will be able to find out if the stories really are true. After all, if you know who the person featured in the story was and what year it happened in, you will be able to look for accurate accounts of what really happened.
This can help to bring to life the stories that you have heard about your family, and you will find that a free family tree search will be just the thing that you need to do so.
You can learn all kinds of fascinating things about your history, as well as who your ancestors were. You will be able to find out where they were raised, what time period they lived in, what adventures they went on, and so much more. By doing research into your history, you can learn all kinds of fascinating things.
One thing to remember is that making your own family tree is going to be fairly challenging, as it is going to take a lot of time and research to find out everything that you want to know about your history.
Much of the information that you will find will have to be corroborated using different sources, and it will take you time to find it. However, if you are willing to invest that time, it will be a whole lot of fun for you to find out all the amazing things about your history!
Where You Can Find Family Tree Templates
If you want to find templates to make it easier for you to put together your family tree, you will find many free to print templates right here on this site. Also you may find that doing a free family tree search on Google will be one of the best ideas for you.
After all, Google has links to millions of pages, and you will easily be able to find dozens of sites like this one that has family tree templates that you can download.
Sure, not all of them will be free, but you will be able to find many templates that will be!
Another great place to check out with be the Family Tree Templates website (www.familytreetemplates.net). This site has been on the internet for a good number of years, and they have accumulated a number of templates that you can download – 75 in total!
The templates are easy to download, and they are completely free. You can print them out easily thanks to the fact that they are in a template that is easy to work with. You can find a number of the templates right on the home page, and the rest are all accessible via the sidebar.
Irish Genealogy Toolkit (www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com) is another side that you can check out if you want to find templates that you can download.
The charts are all very colorful, and they will be a great choice if you want something that will be fun for you and your family to work on together.
The charts can easily be sized however you want, making it much easier for you to frame them or hang them on the wall. You will even be able to edit the form on your computer if you want, or you can print them out and fill in the information by hand.
Ancestry.com is a site where you can look up a lot of information on your heritage and family history, though they will require that you sign up for a membership with the site.
However, if you don’t want a membership, you can at least find a simple template that you will be able to download for free.
The template isn’t very decorative, but it will be perfect if you want to decorate your chart by hand. You will find that downloading and printing out the chart will be a matter of minutes, and you can get started working on it right away.
Family Tree Resources is the final website that I would recommend that you check out, as they have a whole lot of tools that you will find very handy if you are planning on doing some genealogy or making your own family tree.
They have a calendar for your research, or they have a place where you can store extracts from your findings. You will be able to access all of their tools free of charge, and you will find that these tools will make it a lot easier for you to do your research.
App Tools for the Modern Genealogist
If you are going to do genealogy in this day and age, you will find that there are tools that will make it a lot easier for you to research into the history of your family.
You will find that the internet is just one of the tools that you can find, and your iPhone or iPad will be another tool – same for smartphones.
If you have an Android phone or an iPhone, there are a lot of apps that you can use to help you to do your research into your family history.
Here are some of the best apps that you can download and use to make your research easier:
- DropBox – If you are doing research with someone else, having a shared space where you can store information will come in very handy.DropBox is a tool that you can use on PC, Android phones, and iDevices, and it will make it easier for you to pass on any information that you find. You can download and install the app easily and quickly, as well as the program (for your PC).It will make sharing information a whole lot easier.
- Ancestry – This is an app that is available to those that are members of the Ancestry.com website, one of the predominant genealogy sites online.You will find that this app will give you access to your Ancestry page, as well as all of the content that you have stored in your account.You will be able to access the massive databases belonging to Ancestry, and you can find a lot of information when you are on the go. As long as you can access the internet on your phone, you can find all the information you want no matter where you are.
- Families for iPad – This app was created by the Legacy Family Tree software creators, and it will allow your iPad to interface with their software easily.You will be able to copy files to and from your iPad using this simple software, and you can edit or view them wherever you are – as long as you have your iPad.You will need to install the same software on your computer in order to sync up the devices, but it will be easy to do. You can even view the information in full screen on your iPad, ensuring that you can always see the information you want clearly and easily.
- GedView – GEDCOM is the standard format that is used by just about every genealogy program available in the U.S., and this software ensures that you will be able to view and edit the files as much as you want no matter where you are.The viewer app will allow you to open the files on your iPad or iPhone, and you can use the app to help you make changes and upload the information to your family tree as easily and quickly as possible.
- GoodReader – This simple app is one of the best apps that you can use, and you will find that it’s one of the best applications that you can use for just about everything.It will run you about $5, but it will be able to open just about every file type (including PDF, DOC, XLS, and more). It can open videos, edit the text in PDF files, sync the files to your Dropbox or iDisk app, and so much more.For a rounded application that will do just about everything, it doesn’t get much better than this.
These tools are designed to make your life easier, and you will find that being a genealogist with the most advanced technology will ensure that you can find information as easily and quickly as possible.
Sure, you may not be able to find everything with all that modern technology can offer and you may need to call in a pro, but being an amateur genealogist will be made a whole lot easier thanks to these tools.
They may cost you a bit more than you might like (most of the best apps will), but you will find that they will be totally worth the expense!
Finding Death Records Online
One very important part of your ancestors search is finding out when members of your family have died. This is going to be more difficult if the person that you are looking for has died many years ago, but it will be possible to find the information if you know how to look the right way.
Here is how to find information on death records without leaving your house:
- Step 1: Make sure that you have information that is as accurate as possible. You will want the full name of the person that you’re looking for, as well as the city where the person was living at the time of their death (or the place that they died). You may also need the year of their death, as that will help to narrow it down.
- Step 2: Use Death Index.com to help you find all the obituaries and death records that you can get your hands on via the internet, and search through their database to find the records you need for your project. Make sure to check obituaries, death records, cemetery records, and death notices. Check Death Records.com as another great source of information.
- Step 3: Take the time to check up on this information and verify it via a number of sources, such as by checking out Vital Records.com or Obitcentral.com.
You may have to pay a fee or some will offer the information for free, but you can usually find the records on these sites to verify that you have the right date of death.
A free family tree search is one of the best things that you can use in order to help you find information on your family, and it will ensure that you get the most accurate data to use to fill out your family tree.
Pages on This Site You Might also Like
How to Do Ancestors Search and Family History Genealogy Easily
Top 10 Free Genealogy Websites to Help You Find Your Gateway to Your Ancestors
Go to the top of this article
Go to the homepage of Family Tree Template